We had a fantastic couple of evenings last month with lots of our couples joining us for our latest Menu Tasting Events.
Guests got the chance to enjoy a three-course tasting menu created by our talented Roots chefs whilst mingling with other soon-to-be brides and grooms. There was also plenty of inspiration available with various table set up options and styling packages on display including our Boho Blush and Champagne Rose themes.
The delicious freshly prepared menus were complemented with a selection of house wines for couples to sample and served by our amazing front of house team.
The menus available included sumptuous starters of:
– Avocado and radish bruschetta, sourdough, chunky guacamole, celeriac and apple slaw, pickled radish, crispy onions, chive oil
– Thai style spiced fishcake, pickled cucumber and pak choi, tomato and coconut sauce
– Roots Scotch egg, allotment beets, watercress mayonnaise
Followed by mouth-watering mains:
– Chicken Katsu, breast of chicken coated in black and white sesame seeds, jasmine sticky rice, pickled radish, carrot and ginger, Tonkatsu sauce
– Thick cut Sirloin of Beef, roasted vine tomatoes, watercress, salted & pink pepper wedges, béarnaise sauce
– Three cheese bubble & squeak, courgetti, soft poached egg, basil hollandaise, crispy leeks
…and decadent desserts:
– Chocolate Plate: Luxury Salted Caramel & Chocolate Profiteroles, White Chocolate & Biscoff Blondie and Chocolate & Cherry Ice Cream
-Fruit Plate: Bellini Posset, Strawberry & Elderflower Cheesecake and Passion Fruit Sorbet
There were also canapés to try including Salmon, Miso & Sesame Fishcakes,Indonesian Chicken Skewers and Pea, Mint & Feta Arancini.
To cleanse the palate, guests were served teas and coffees served with rich homemade chocolate truffles whilst outside there was the opportunity to create s’mores around the fire pit.
For those looking for a more informal summer style wedding feast, we held a separate Menu Tasting with dishes from our BBQ menu complete with a rainbow of salad accompaniments and delicious desserts.
Photos by Ruby Roux Photography