As more and more couples opt for a plant-based menu on their big day, our Roots team are continually redeveloping our vegan and vegetarian offering. With produce sourced from across the local area, including our own Roots Kitchen Garden, the menu packs a punch both in flavour and creativity.
In honour of Veganuary we thought we would celebrate some of our most popular plant-based dishes, guaranteed – whether you are plant-based or not – to satisfy.
Gone are the days of a measly side salad to accommodate plant-based friends. Our Roots starter menu is full of flavoursome and imaginative dishes, delicious enough to tempt even the most carnivorous wedding guests.
Some of our stand out options include:
- Crispy gochujang cauliflower, Nutbourne tomato, coriander, mango and miso chutney
- Halloumi fries, green slaw, torched gem lettuce, pomegranate, mint yoghurt
- Beetroot and chickpea scotch egg, three beet salad, watercress salad and mayonnaise. Beetroot ketchup
Our plant-based mains feature a mouth-watering and diverse selection of dishes that will form a memorable centrepiece to your wedding breakfast. From katsu halloumi to delicious butternut gnocchi, below are some of our most popular options:
- Sussex wild mushroom, leek and toasted pumpkin seed tortellini, local asparagus and pea salad, pumpkin puree, pine nut pesto
- Butternut gnocchi, Sussex wild mushrooms, miso, spinach, charred spring onions, toasted sesame seeds
- Katsu halloumi, sesame rice, green slaw, pickled carrots and radish, katsu sauce
Our decadent menu of plant-based delights elevates vegan desserts to new heights. Whether deconstructed sweets are your thing, dark and indulgent chocolate or a twist on a British classic, these are just some of our most loved plant-tastic puddings…
- Deconstructed strawberry and mango pavlova, mango sorbet, mango and pink pepper jelly, vanilla cream, strawberry gel
- Chocolate brownie, chocolate goo, chocolate meringue, raspberry sorbet
- Pink Lady apple tarte tatin, salted caramel sauce, vanilla ice cream